With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, your health and safety is of the highest importance. Maritime CrossFit will remain Open but we as a collective community must take measures to ensure we are proactive and do what we can to protect each other from the spread of communicable illness. Your healthy lifestyle is one of the best defences to fight disease. At this time though, we must change our habits and take extra measures.
More frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces within the gym will occur. Additionally, extra measures by each of you while at the gym will be greatly appreciated:
• When you arrive at the gym, please wash your hands and continue to do so as needed while in the building.
• Prior to and after using any equipment, use wipes to clean all surfaces you will contact or have contacted.
• If you leave any Blood, Sweat or Tears on any surface, including the floor, please clean your equipment or area.
• High Fives and Fist Bumps will not be encouraged.
• Chalk has been removed from the gym.
• Wash your hands, Wash your hands, Wash your hands!
• If you have travelled outside of the country, please follow government guidelines related to your travel destination and refrain from attending Maritime CrossFit for a period of 14 days.
• If you have any symptoms of flu or illness which may include fever, cough or shortness of breath, please refrain from attending any classes. If you have concerns you may have COVID-19, please do not go to the hospital. Call 811 and follow their instruction.
At this time we will be Open for Members Only. We will not be accepting Drop-in visitors and we will not be onboarding new members.
Class sizes have been limited and workouts modified to ensure that no equipment is shared. Members will also have access to daily “Home Gym” workouts that they can do from home if they are unable to attend class or are choosing to stay home for social distancing purposes.
It’s important that we stay active, stay connected and maintain our fitness. It is more important though that we take measures to protect each other from the spread of illness and disease. Thank you all for your cooperation and understanding.